P A R T I C I P A T I O N
OCCT is a non profit and couldn't operate without the help of volunteer parents and families!
The registration fee must be paid in full either at the time of online registration or at the check in desk on the night of auditions.(There will be a $5.00 service charge for all card transactions).
OCCT does not offer scholarships, but does offer a discounted rate for families registering more than one participant. The family will pay full price for the first child and $75.00/ child after the first (Only children under the same legal guardianship are eligible for this discount). Families who may not be able to afford the registration costs have the option to pay the owed amount by raising the funds through our production fundraiser in addition to the $100 each family is expected to raise during the fundraiser.
Every family is expected and required to raise $100.00 by participating in our production fundraiser. Families will be presented with two fundraising options to raise the money or they can choose to pay the amount out of pocket.
In the circumstance that a family fails to pay the fundraising fee before a production has closed that family will NOT be eligible to register for future OCCT productions. A family may participate again if they agree to pay the registration fee AND previous owed fundraising fee, in full, at the time of check in on the night of auditions (this does not exempt the family from the current productions fundraiser).
Parent Volunteer Requirements:
In the circumstance that a family is NOT fulfilling these requirements they will be given ONE "WARNING" during the course of that production. Should they fail to complete the requirements that family will be DENIED the opportunity to participate in future productions.
1. Parent Meeting: Paperwork regarding the fundraiser, volunteer hours and all other production information will be handed out and discussed at this meeting. Parents are expected to meet and coordinate with their production team leaders during the last portion of the meeting.
2. Set Load In: Individuals actively assist in mounting the set, painting and getting the space ready for opening night.
3. Fundraiser Dinner: An 18+ year old representative must sign up and actively work to help with setup, cooking, serving and cleanup at our Fundraiser dinner. This requirement is mandatory regardless of the method your family selected to complete their fundraising obligation.
4. Tech Rehearsals: An 18+ year old representative must sign up and actively work exactly half (eg. 2/4) of the technical rehearsals. On the registration form parents have the option to select a position they're interested in, but final assignments may differ in order to fill all positions. Positions include: Cast Supervisor, Costumes, Microphones, Hair/ Makeup and Parking/ Security.
5. Performances: An 18+ year old representative must sign up and actively work exactly half (eg. 3/6) of the
performances. On the registration form parents have the option to select a position they're interested in, but final assignments may differ in order to fill all positions. Positions include: Cast Supervisor, Costumes, Microphones, Hair/ Makeup, Parking/ Security, Ticket Sales and Concessions.
On any given night a family volunteer is scheduled to work they are NOT permitted to watch the performance. Families will need to plan on attending and watching performances on days they're not working backstage.
6. Set Breakdown: Following the closing matinee, individuals will actively assist in breaking down the set, putting all production pieces away and restoring the venue back to it's primary state. Following set breakdown is our Cast and Crew party for all participants and their families.
7. Saturday Work Parties: An 18+ year old representative must sign up and actively work a minimum of 14 hours (volunteers of a younger age will be approved on a case-by-case basis). There are between 6-8 Saturday work parties from 9:00am-4:00pm and volunteers can break up the required hours over as many or as little Saturdays as they like. During registration you will select a Production Team: costumes, props, painting, publicity or set construction and work alongside that group during work parties.
"Dedicated to the Drama Dreams of Our Children"